Welcome to your Betway esports bonus review
Last updated & tested: 2019-04-15
Although they were only formed in 2006, Betway have become one of the biggest names in the UK betting scene. The bookmaker has managed to gain a great reputation for its competitive odds on traditional sports like horse racing and football. But as esports like LoL and CSGO have become incredibly popular, it’s been interesting to see how Betway have started delivering odds for these iconic games.
So we are going to take a detailed look at the Betway esports bonus to see whether it could tempt you into signing up with the brand. We will examine whether you need a Betway bonus code to activate this offer, and we will see if you can get any kind of Betway free bet deal for registering a new account. So read our Betway esports bonus review and find out more.
- 100% deposit match bonus
- Up to €30 in extra bets
- Bet on odds of 1.75 or more
- Qualify with €10 deposit
- Extra bets valid for seven days
Get 100% matched deposit bonus up to €30 for your Betway League of Legends betting
The Betway new customer offer is relatively simple to understand and it can give you an easy way to boost your profits on your first few esports bets. If you register a new account with Betway, then you can look forward to getting a 100% matched deposit bonus that will reward you with up to €30 in extra bets.
Whilst this isn’t a true free bet deal, it means that you can still get extra betting funds for making a deposit with as little as €10. Plus the fact that you must wager your initial deposit on bets with odds of 1.75 or more means that you can use your welcome bonus to get to know the esports options at Betway a little better too.
Rather than making you have to look for a Betway bonus code, the brand’s welcome offer is straightforward and easy to understand. Whilst some bookmakers like to put on special offers with larger bonus amounts, they can often be accompanied by some restrictive wagering conditions that can swiftly turn into a real headache. But upon first inspection, it looks like the Betway new customer promotion is very user-friendly.
So we are going to take a look at the small print surrounding the Betway welcome bonus to help you avoid tripping up on any of the brand’s terms and conditions.
What are the Betway welcome bonus terms and conditions?
Firstly, the Betway new customer offer is only available to UK and Irish punters who are setting up a new account with the bookmaker. Once you have set up your Betway account, then you will need to make a minimum deposit of at least €10. You can do this by using credit and debit cards like Visa and MasterCard, although you also have the option of using a PayPal account to make your qualifying deposit.
You can make an initial deposit of more than €10, but it’s worth remembering that Betway will cap their 100% matched deposit offer at €30. You have seven days to make your initial deposits after setting up your account, otherwise the welcome bonus offer will become invalidated.
Once you have made your first successful deposit of €10 or more, then you will get the extra bets credited to your account, and you must then place qualifying bets to activate the bonus betting funds. Qualifying bets must total the overall value of your first deposit in order to count towards the wagering conditions that release your winnings.
If you place a single bet, it must be made on odds of 1.75 (3/4) or over, each-way bets must have the place part on odds of 1.40 (2/5) or over, and each selection in a system bet needs to be on odds of 1.40 (2/5) or more.
You get just seven days to use your extra bets after opening your new Betway account, and the maximum that you can win with your welcome bonus is €20,000.
Do you need a Betway bonus code to activate your Betway welcome bonus?
Anybody who has signed up for a bookmaker’s welcome bonus will know that there can be some specific steps to activate your bonus funds. So here are the three things you need to do in order to get your hands on the Betway extra bets.
1. Sign up without a Betway esports bonus codeYou will need to be a new customer to get the Betway welcome bonus, and existing customers are forbidden from using a duplicate account to access the special offer. However, you won’t need to have a Betway bonus code to get up to €30 in extra bets, as Betway have made it much quicker to get your hands on the bonus funds. Just complete the speedy sign up procedure and then you will have taken your first step in getting a boost on your esports winnings.
2. Make a qualifying deposit for your Betway esports bonusThe next step you need to take is to make your qualifying deposit. You can use credit and debit cards like Visa and MasterCard to do this, and there’s also the option for making a qualifying deposit with a PayPal account.
The minimum deposit limit is set at €10, and your 100% matched deposit bonus will be capped at €30. Once you’ve placed your opening deposit, then the extra bets will be added to your Betway account.
3. Unlock your Betway free bet with esports bettingActivating your extra bet funds is very simple and you don’t need a Betway bonus code to do it. All you need to do is to make some bets on anything from esports like League of Legends to sports such as football. Remember that you will have to bet the value of your opening deposit on single bets at odds of at least 1.75 in order to claim your boosted winnings. And don’t forget that you get just seven days to use your extra betting funds, so be quick with your LoL bets.
Three tips for using the Betway welcome bonus for esports gambling
Once you’ve claimed your Betway offer for new customers, then you’ll need to be careful with how you use your bonus funds. Here are three simple tricks to make sure that you make the most of your extra bets.
1. Make sure you understand the qualifying odds for the Betway esports bonusThe Betway welcome bonus demands that you have to bet on certain odds values in order to meet their wagering requirements. Whilst betting on esports odds of 1.75 or over might initially sound a little tricky, it’s an obstacle that can be easily overcome if you take advantage of the brand’s large choice of betting markets for League of Legends. This means that you can pick and choose odds like who will win the first map, and you can also use some handicap betting to get better odds for a LoL team who are clearly going to win.
2. Be quick to use your free bet offerAs your Betway welcome bonus expires just seven days after setting up your account, it means that you have to make your qualifying bets relatively quickly. So be sure that you check to see what LoL tournaments are taking place before you sign up to the bookmaker.
Betway covers most major League of Legends competitions, but they will usually serve up the biggest selection of odds for the massive tournaments like the LoL World Championship.
3. Use your Betway welcome bonus on other esports like Betway CS:GO odds and moreIf you’ve already signed up for the Betway welcome bonus and are worried because there aren’t any decent LoL tournaments on at the moment, then don’t worry as the website has plenty more great esports bets. You should be able to bet on many more top esports like CSGO and Dota 2 within the seven day expiration period for your extra bets. And as esports teams like Fnatic seem to be a safe bet regardless of what game they are playing, you shouldn’t let your bonus funds go to waste.
Final thoughts on the Betway esports bonus
Betway’s welcome bonus deal is flexible, easy to understand and it’s certainly capable of giving you a decent profit boost on your esports bets. Whilst this isn’t the biggest welcome bonus that we’ve come across, it’s relatively free of the wagering conditions that you get with other bookmakers’ promotions.
The fact that you can qualify with a minimum deposit as small as €10 is sure to make the Betway bonus a hit amongst esports betting newbies. Plus by only having to turn over your deposit once on odds of 1.75 or more, it should mean that it’s relatively simple to meet the wagering requirements.
Whilst the seven day window for using your extra bets is relatively small, the Betway esports betting service is large enough for you to find some lucrative odds for your LoL bets. Plus the fact that Betway set no limitations on whether you use your bonus funds for pre-match or live betting also opens up an extra level of flexibility.
So although there are bigger welcome bonuses out there, for ease of use and lack of wagering conditions, it’s hard to argue against signing up with Betway for their special offer for new customers.
Three reasons other than the Betway esports bonus for signing up to the site
It’s not just the Betway welcome bonus that causes so many people to sign up to the brand’s services. Here are three reasons that illustrate exactly why Betway have become one of the best in the business.